I somehow find myself writing this up on a Wednesday.
I just redid my YouTube channel‘s avatar and channel art, and I have a few more things I’d like to implement. I’m going to be “revamping” the channel, you could say.
- Removing the outro (it doesn’t serve any purpose anyways)
- Upping my audio quality by way of a microphone mount (WIP)
- Actually doing some editing to the videos in question, specifically jump cuts for boring segments.
- Revamping the Cub Plays series
- Changing my video title template
- Playing a wider variety of games
- Condensing CS:GO videos into a single game per video
I also got some other stuff going this past week.
- Deranked to MG in CS:GO.
- Just about conquered every girl in HuniePop.
- Caught up to the Blue Spring Ride manga. Gave it a 10/10 because I’m a sucker for Shoujo.
- Started watching To Love-Ru, which I’m already enjoying quite a bit.
- Started watching Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha. It’s an alright series, nothing too spectacular. Although I’ve heard that the second season is the best.
- Finished the first season of JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure and I have a couple episodes left of the first season of Stardust Crusaders. The series manages to remain good throughout, which is always good.
- Started watching Steins;Gate. I’ve finally caved and started one of r/anime’s favorite shows.
- Finished watching Corpse Party. It was just a few OVAs, and although they weren’t entirely enjoyable, I still gave them a 6/10.
- Nisekoi, the manga. Just as good as the anime it seems.
Maybe I’ll do something productive with my channel this week, who knows?
Well, I’ve already failed to do this weekly, but then again, who really cares? Not me, at least.
I still haven’t gotten back into recording, or editing for that matter. I’d like to get myself another 4TB so I can record Final Fantasy XIII sometime soon, along with Assassin’s Creed Revelations (I am so behind…).
- Went from Nova Master (Nova 4) to Master Guardian II in CS:GO. Slowly rising the ranks and on track to become a DMG before the end of the school year.
- Played some Smash Bros. with a few friends for several hours the other day. That was fun.
- Probably going to buy HuniePop today because why not? Eroge on Steam is always a good thing, I think.
- The winter season started and I am yet again watching all the anime this season, aside from a few sequels which I will be picking up as soon as I finish their corresponding prequels (Durararararara!, JoJo, Fafner, Dog Days…)
- One Piece is just getting better and better as I progress at 2ep/day.
- Gintama is nowhere near as good as I had expected it to be and I don’t find it all that entertaining to be honest.
- Started watching Digimon Adventure, doing 2ep/day with that as well. Preparing for the sequel. So far, it’s rather entertaining. Oh, and I’m watching it dubbed.
- Started and finished Lupin III, now onto the second part, 3ep/day in preparation for the new season. It is rather good for being made in the 70’s, reminds me of watching Scooby-Doo back in the day (the old Scooby-Doo, that is).
- JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure (2012). Such an over-the-top show. Very entertaining and can’t wait to get to Stardust crusaders.
- Saint Seiya. Another “classic”, but not that good in my opinion. The amount of blood in that show is really high for being a kids show.
- I also started Fafner, the first season. I’m not that far into it, but I’m sure the studio behind it went into it trying to rip-off Evangelion.
- Started reading Blue Spring Ride, which was one of my favorite anime from the Summer season. The manga is pretty good as well. I heard that it ends in February though.
I still need to make a new video for my “Approva” channel, but aside from that, I don’t have anything else to say. I have this week off of school, so I’ll probably finish up JoJo and Fafner.
One of my new year’s resolutions was to start posting weekly updates on what I’ve been doing with my life. I’m going to try to post these on Sundays, but I was a bit late this week. We’ll see how long I can do this until I’m too burned out to post them anymore, which hopefully won’t be anytime soon, if at all.
What have I done this past week? Here’s a hint: nothing at all.
- Start of the new year, with my first word spoken in 2015 being “no”
- My Steam profile now has my latest computer specs and I will update that whenever something changes. So if you want to know, go there for the latest.
- I originally planned to start a couple let’s plays this month, but with the new 60fps feature on YouTube, I want to strive to release 60fps videos. As such, I’m going to wait it out until I get myself a 4TB external just for raw footage, which I should get sometime next month.
- I got back to Nova Master rank in CS:GO, after having been stuck at Nova 3 for some weeks.
- I got a couple more 3TB WD Reds, so I’ve been filling them up with more anime because why not?
- Started watching Gintama. A new season was announced for the upcoming Spring anime season, so I figured I would watch three episodes a day in order to watch this new season on time. If I stick to the three a day rule, I’ll finish just in time, on March 31st.
- Started watching One Piece. I’ve been wanting to do this for a while, and thought I’d incorporate it into my new year’s resolutions. Two episodes a day, including movies and such, and I’ll be caught up sometime in December.
- Started watching Oreimo. It’s a pretty good show, but I wish it focused more on the romance aspect, if that exists. Still on the first season.
- I finally managed to catch up with the Kissxsis manga, after having started it three or so months ago. Let’s just say that it is glorious and that Ako is still best girl.
- Currently powering through the Kuroko’s Basketball manga. (Volume 7 right now)
And that’s that. I’ll be changing up the format of these as I go, but I hope this is fine for now. I’m also going to be working on another video for my Approva channel, either my “Top 50 anime ever” or “Top 50 anime of 2014”.